Friday, October 26, 2012

quatre: Supernatural

To celebrate the end of my first term in Law School, I started watching Supernatural (upon the insistence of my Dad, yes my Dad, and my friend Ina). Tbh, any series that goes beyond 4 seasons, to me, is a no go and after 'trying' out Doctor Who, which has 8 seasons already, I didn't want to risk getting emotionally invested in another fandom (I follow too many already). 


Anyhoo, not important. I can't even begin to describe this show. It's strangely addicting and the plot is just really good. Here we have two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester, who go on a 'roadtrip' looking for their father who suddenly went missing after a 'hunting trip' (By hunting trip we mean Supernatural hunting).  Now, the Winchesters started hunting because of their mother getting killed by a demon that was going after Sam as a child. Obviously seeking revenge, their father, and eventually Sam and Dean, wanted to find this demon and kill him once and for all. Most of the show revolves around their strained  relationships with each other and they mostly focus on Sam's relationships with Dean and their father. 

What I like the most about this show is that even if the plot is serious, it's not that heavy at all (You'll get what I mean when you start watching and Dean starts talking). All in all, it's an easy to watch show. It's like Doctor Who, but instead of crazy aliens you get demons and all sorts of ghosts or urban legends coming to life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment